The Muse device will show a purple light when it powers on. The light turns off when the Muse app finds the device. If you don't see a purple light on starting the car ignition, you can try these tips:
- Make sure to use the provided Muse car charger (cigarette lighter adapter). It is specially designed to protect your Muse device.
- If you do not have a cigarette lighter slot in the car, you can try the car USB port. Note: Some cars require the USB to be connected after the car is turned on.
- Can't find the cigarette lighter slot or USB? Look under the central armrest, on the side of the dashboard and the glove box.
Still Not Powering On
If the device does not power on after trying the above steps, you can try this.
- Connect the device to the car charger or the USB slot.
- Press the microphone button on the device. You should see the purple light come on.
If you still can't power on the device, please contact support for further assistance.
Finding the Muse Device
Once you confirm the device is powering on (see above), the app should be able to find your Muse device. When the Muse light is purple, it is "ready to bond" and will connect to the app. If the purple light goes off before you can pair, then your Muse may be bonding with another phone that has previously bonded with this Muse. Check the other phone and unbond it.
To bond, un-bond and re-bond your Muse device, choose the "Muse Device" item from the Preferences screen (under ≡ from main screen).
To put the Muse Device in bonding ("purple light") mode, you can simply disconnect and reconnect the USB power of the device, and tap Muse Device option from preferences.
Still having issues? Please contact support and we'll get you up and running.